- One of the most important debates that will take place in Europe during the Spanish presidency of the Council of the EU will revolve around the renewal of the energy model and the commitment to renewable energies for mobility.
- In this context, BeGas, a leading company in Europe in the manufacture and development of engines powered by alternative energies, considers BioAutogas as one of the clean fuels that will mark the future of sustainable mobility.
- The use of BioAutogas, a 100% renewable gas made from biomass, waste and organic oils of sustainable origin, reduces CO2 emissions by up to 90%.
Madrid, June 7, 2023. On July 1, Spain will assume the Presidency of the Council of the EU. The energy transition will be one of the priorities of the mandate, in which they hope to promote, among other measures, the energy independence of member countries and the commitment to renewable fuels. According to data published by the Ministry for Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge, road transport is responsible for almost 95% of greenhouse gas emissions from the transport sector. For this reason, the search for clean fuels would be crucial when facing a change in the energy model.
The exclusive promotion of electric vehicles, especially in segments that are difficult to electrify, such as trucks and buses, will not make it possible to achieve the net zero emissions targets set by the European Union for 2050. Thus, climate neutrality will only be possible by diversifying the use of the different energies available on the market.
En este contexto, desde BeGas, líder europeo en la fabricación y desarrollo de motores propulsados por energías alternativas, apuestan por el BioAutogás como uno de los combustibles que marcarán el futuro de la movilidad sostenible:
- Unlimited clean energy potentialmade in Spain’. BioAutogas is a 100% renewable liquefied gas made from biomass, waste and organic oils of sustainable origin. Spain also has the potential for self-sufficiency, which is a fundamental step towards achieving energy independence.
- Reducción de emisiones. Its use reduces CO2 emissions by up to 90%, while at the same time reducing the emission of suspended particles and nitrogen oxide (NOx) levels -the cause of urban pollution- by more than 90%, compared to traditional fossil fuels. It also reduces noise pollution by half.
- Commitment to the circular economy. BeGas, the only manufacturer of engines 100% powered by Autogas for trucks and urban buses, offers a re-engining service in which diesel engines are replaced by a 100% BioAutogas BeGas engine. Thanks to this service, the vehicles become powered by a totally clean fuel in a simple way and promoting, at the same time, its reuse.
- Accessible to all types of municipalities. With the same composition as Autogas, BioAutogas is stored and supplied in the same way. Moreover, it is very easy to transport, which means that all types of local corporations, whatever their size, can access the use of sustainable energies to decarbonize their urban fleets.
BeGas is a technology-based company founded in 2015. Since its inception, it has sought to contribute to a sustainable future in the transportation of people and goods. And this future involves society, its investors, customers and suppliers and, of course, its employees. For this reason, it manufactures 100% autogas or bioautogas engines with Euro VI-E liquid injection for trucks and urban buses.